Advance your career with a Master’s Degree or Graduate Certificate: Merchandising Online Graduate Program Information Webinar
Great Plains IDEA offers an online Master’s degree and a graduate certificate in Merchandising. These unique graduate programs equip you with the skills to deliver the right product or service to the consumer in the right place, in the right quantities, and at the right time.
Students will analyze and evaluate the triple bottom line (economic, social, environmental) impact of sustainable merchandising industry activities and processes. Taken entirely online, these Merchandising graduate programs are flexibly structured to fit the needs of working professionals
Why study Merchandising through Great Plains IDEA?
The Merchandising curriculum provides in-demand skills to advance your career in the apparel or retail industry and is an excellent fit for creatively analytical thinkers. In particular, our technology-rich program expands your ability to improve business strategies through profit maximization, cost-cutting, customer satisfaction, and selling approaches measured through the triple bottom line.
The programs build your ability to complete the following essential merchandising-related job responsibilities:
- Analyze data using a variety of techniques
- Research and implement effective business strategies
- Design customer-focused product development strategies
- Create flexible promotional campaigns
- Balance the sustainable interests of businesses, consumers, and society
- Predict micro and mass-market cost controls
- Navigate trade regulations and recognize cultural concerns
- Understand the evolving standards of corporate social responsibility
- Greg ClareAssociate Professor, Program Coordinator Oklahoma State University
- Linda Manikowske Professor, North Dakota State University
- Melody LeHewProfessor, Kansas State University
- Jaeha Lee Associate Professor, North Dakota State University
- Nancy LyonsAssociate Professor, South Dakota State University
- Jennifer Jorgensen Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Kara PeltonGraduate
- Emily ThomeGraduate