Excel in Public Health: Accredited Graduate Studies at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Public health degrees offer students the chance to gain an in-depth understanding of the complex and varied nature of public health issues affecting people today and of their determinants. Thus, if you are interested in being an agent in improving the conditions and behaviors that affect health and you care for the greater good of human beings, then this is the degree for you.
The Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) hosts the Graduate Public Health Program (GPHP), which is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), a US accrediting body. The GPHP is the first public health program outside of the Americas to be accredited by CEPH and the only CEPH-accredited program in the Arab world, Asia and Africa. The program offers multiple degree options to choose from. The program provides advanced training in public health, to prepare professionals, both practitioners and academicians, to assess, research, and respond to the health needs and public health issues. The GPHP is guided by core values, two of which revolve around equality and social justice, and the need to improve health not just to study it. It is therefore a very applied field.
The GPHP is open to students from any discipline. One does not need any specific background to go into public health. The fact that students from all backgrounds have been increasingly applying to the program year after year shows the significance and wide appeal of the field. Applicants must have a good command of the English language in order to enroll.
Our graduates have a very good record in finding employment after graduation, whether in Lebanon, the wider region or internationally.
- Information about all our Master and PhD Programs
- The admission requirements
- Curriculum requirements
- The scholarships
- Career opportunities
- Why the American University of Beirut, Lebanon?
- Dr. Jocelyn DeJongProfessor and Associate Dean
- Lama El KadiGraduate Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Monique ChaayaProfessor and Program Coordinator of MS and PhD in Epidemiology
- Ms. KimGraduate student pursuing a Master in Public Health
- Catherine Witt focusing on Health Policy and Management in areas of protracted conflict and humanitarian crises
- Graduate student
- Master of Public Health-Health Promotion and Community Health