Gain an edge to be part of the talent pool in the growing private wealth market with the Master of Science in Wealth Management at the Singapore Management University (SMU)
Wealth management is both an art and science. It is about managing investment returns and risks for both individuals and institutional clients.
The Master of Science in Wealth Management (MWM) is a 12-month full-time programme designed to meet the needs of both aspiring and seasoned wealth managers who wish to deepen their skills, knowledge and expertise. The modular structure allows professionals to pursue a Master’s degree while working; and those without wealth management experience can embark on an internship to enhance their employability.
The programme’s curriculum has also incorporated the relevant examination and certification for private banking. It covers the whole value chain of processes, products and services related to wealth management from a practical perspective. Participants learn about asset management as well as investment advisory.
The curriculum is designed collectively by both academic professors and industry professionals, including private bankers, asset managers, investment analysts and consultants. It is regularly reviewed to reflect industry developments. There is a careful balance between the theory and practice of wealth management.
Participants will interact with wealth management professionals from three continents, i.e. Asia, Europe and North America. There will be ample opportunities for exposure and immersion in the real world of global investing.
Applicants to the SMU MWM programme must possess:
1. A good Bachelor’s degree in any undergraduate field from a reputable institution
2. At least 2 years of working experience in any industry
3. A good GMAT or GRE score (GMAT test has a 5-year validity period)
4. A good IELTS/TOEFL score (TOEFL/ IELTS is required if the medium of instruction of your undergraduate studies was not in English. It must be taken within the last 2 years at the time of submitting your application.)
- About the Singapore Management University’s (SMU) Lee Kong Chian School of Business (LKCSB)
- About the MWM program, structure and curriculum
- Discover about the tri-continental study experience and career prospects with the SMU MWM programme
- Admission requirements and application procedure
- Professor Francis KohMapletree Professor in Real Estate
- Daphne Ang Professor of Finance (Practice)
- Academic Director
- MSc in Wealth Management
- Recruitment and Admissions