Your Foundation Year in Italy: build your future and learn Italian at the University of Pavia – new edition 2022/2023
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course, taught in Italian designed for:
– students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course;
– students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia;
– students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law and Politics.
For the academic year 2022-2023, students will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses in person in Pavia from October 2022 until June 2023.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will:
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study and be exempted from the first year of University fee at the University of Pavia.
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
1. The benefits of attending the Foundation Year program
2. Structure and content of the course: Italian language, Italian culture and Area study
3. How to apply
4. Why Pavia?
- Elena VoltanTeaching coordinator
- Nora Tamimi TakrouriFoundation Year tutor